Subject: Re: Adding a.out to bfd for mips.
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/23/1999 07:45:42
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Simon Burge wrote:

: On the pmax, we still have some stuff that is a.out (kernels, some
: bootblock intermediate stages), but binutils only knows of ELF and
: ECOFF.  I tried adding "aout_big_vec aout_little_vec" to the SELECT_VECS
: for mips, but the compile blew up (I've forgotten the exact failure).
:
: Is there anything else that needs to be done to make mips bfd a.out
: aware?

Please look at /usr/src/gnu/lib/libbfd/Makefile.  It adds a new one,
"mipselnetbsd_vec", which is not quite working yet, because I cannot figure
out why it is bombing on the symbol tables.  I added that to the Makefile
not too long ago.

NetBSD a.out is not the same as "aout_{big,little}_vec"; that is why there
is sparcnetbsd_vec, i386netbsd_vec, etc.