Subject: Re: binutils 2.9.1 TESTERS NEEDED
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/15/1999 08:43:42
On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Todd Vierling wrote:

> I have imported binutils/bfd 2.9.1 into src/gnu/dist, and have tested it
> thoroughly on i386 and alpha, and partly on arm32.  I need some testers to
> verify operation on all other platforms.
>
> If you wish to help out, update after the next supscan and start by
> building/installing src/gnu/lib/bfd (make sure to do a "make includes" there
> first!).  Then try some of the programs below from src/gnu/usr.bin, and
> report success/failure.  Replies should go to tech-toolchain@netbsd.org.

On a Quadra840AV(m68k), binutils is OK. As above, then ran nm,
objdump, and strings over some kernel objects, built and installed
libkvm and checked that vmstat works, then built all of gnu. Resupped
on Sunday, Feb 14, built a kernel, booted from it, and now "make
build" is proceeding nicely; it's now at the gnu/lib stage.

For now I have MKLINT, MKPROFILE, and MKSHARE set to "no," but I did
update the makefiles manually, first.