Subject: re: toolchain improvements proposal
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 02/06/1999 03:31:02

   >- Make libbfd include "all NetBSD targets" on all architectures.  (Note that
   >  this cannot include 64-bit architectures on 32-bit hosts.)  This could be

   It *could*, if we build gdb with its own copy of libbfd.
   Which, iirc, is what Cygnus and the egcs people recommend.

   (The only reason for the restricition is the way GDB uses `core_addr's.)

are you *sure* ?

i had problems with my libbfd and a cross sparc-netbsdelf (32bit)
toolchain, until i removed --enable-64bit-bfd, and the 64bit targets.

ie, it didn't work for me until the 64 bit stuff was -gone-.  with
it in, nm was giving 64bit addresses for 32bit objects.  broken.

todd is very aware of this -- he helped me immensely getting this
working...