Subject: --enable-64-bit-bfd for binutils
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/13/1999 14:33:30
Hi,
I played a bit with pkgsrc/cross and got a cross compiler for
hppa-elf32 set up (I can't test the generated code rigth now but
it produce valid elf .o files, at last :)
But I've got some problems with gas and the shared libbfd:
I had to add --enable-64-bit-bfd to the configure arguments.
After some digging I found this was needed for powerpc-netbsd too.

The problem is as follow, I think: the shared libbfd is compiled
with a 64bit bfd (because it supports alpha and sparc64).
When configuring binutils for the cross-as to a 32-bit target,
a 32 bit bfd is configured and the includes are out if sync with the lib
(this changes the size of some structs).

So, should I add --enable-64-bit-bfd to the binutils configure arguments
in cross.mk, or did I miss something ?