Subject: 2 BFD questions
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/28/1998 12:09:52
Whilst in the midst of this holiday season, and while trying to recover
from fsck placing all of the 1 GB partition which had my local cvsroot in
it into lost+found ( 8-O ), I've come up with two bfd questions:

1) I'm still sifting through all of the libbfd commands. Is there one to
rename a symbol? The way crunchide works on elf files is to rename all
of the to-be-renamed symbols to "__$$hide$$ <progname> <original symbol
name>" manually. Can I get libbfd to do that? Easily?

2) Can I replace /usr/lib/libbfd.so.X.Y with another one with more targets
built into it without having to re-link all commands (I recall that the
size of some of the library info gets compiled into an application, and
thus you run into problems if tables grow or shrink) ?

Take care,

Bill