Subject: Re: cross-compiling and /src/gnu/dist
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/22/1998 12:33:07
Along the lines of cross compilation, both bsd.links.mk and bsd.kinc.mk
have explicit references to 'make' rather than '${MAKE}'.  Seems like a
bug to me, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone else thinks so.

I've been cross-compiling NetBSD/mips from FreeBSD using the in-tree
GNU tools, and just running 'configure'.  I think the most annoying
glitch is having to re-touch the autoconf generated files.  Programs
which I build from NetBSD for the crossare:

	config
	make
	test
	lorder
	mtree
	rpcgen

and I have a wrapper for 'strip' so it works on both the mips and x86
executables.

	-castor