Subject: Re: cross-compiling and /src/gnu/dist
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/22/1998 07:15:31
On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

: Ok, is the special hacking more than just making cross-as's? The last time
: I made a tool chain, the only non-binutils tools I had to make were strip,
: ld, and as. I thought that we'd taught binutils about our shared lib
: format, so only as would be a problem at the moment. ??

We haven't taaught it about the m68k relocs yet, AFAIK.  Truthfully, very
little has been done on the m68k front, and I have been intending to
address that.

: Also, how is powerpc doing? Will it work with the gcc/dist binutils?

Ah, no, the in-tree binutils (2.8.1 based) will not work on powerpc.  `Wait
for a 2.9.1 import.'