Subject: re: CVS commit: src
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/18/1998 15:15:21

   :  > - install ldscripts into /usr/libdata/ldscripts.
   :
   : ...shouldn't this be /usr/share/ldscripts?  They are MI.

i just fixed the existing paths to *work*...

   Well, if we want to have it generate all ldscripts no matter what platform
   you're on.  You don't want to make /usr/share divergent.

   Just like gcc specs, however, they do not _need_ to be installed.  (They are
   also compiled into the ld binary.)  I wonder why they are being installed
   now....

they need to be installed if you use `ld -m <target>', like i do  :-)

   If you're willing to suggest that we install gcc specs too, Matt, then I'll
   just ignore this and go on my merry way.  :)

i don't care about the gcc specs.  in some ways, it would be nice to have
them available for quick tweaking when necessary, and also be nice to be
like a `standard' gcc install and just have them... (but our `native' gcc
is installed about as differently as is possible to the `standard').