Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/17/1998 14:50:04
On 17-Dec-98 Todd Vierling spoke unto us all:
#  Just like gcc specs, however, they do not _need_ to be installed.  (They are
#  also compiled into the ld binary.)  I wonder why they are being installed
#  now....
#
#  If you're willing to suggest that we install gcc specs too, Matt, then I'll
#  just ignore this and go on my merry way.  :)

I can't speak for gcc scripts.. but there have been occasions I have needed the
ldscripts on my alpha.  Namely trying to build a pkg for cilk (a distributed
application compiler) which defines it's own ELF format, and thus needs an
ldscript to work from.

It would not surprise me to learn that other bizzare compiler-like programs
would need this.

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org