Subject: Problem with egcs on i386
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/17/1998 00:33:24
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Dave Huang wrote (in port-i386):
> I just recompiled my kernel with gcc 2.7.x, and it's working (so far :)
> Gonna compile the new egcs and see how things go *crosses fingers*

Not too good it seems :( I built and installed the new egcs, did a make
build, which went well, although I did get a couple of warnings about
RRS relocations or something while linking libobjc.so, programs that
were linked against libwrap, and some others. I then did a make clean,
then make build again... the build hung while linting libc:

lint -chapbxz -D_LIBC -DNLS -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/src.local/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DRESOLVSORT -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -DFLOATING_POINT -i /usr/src.local/lib/libc/quad/fixunsdfdi.c

It just hung there using up CPU time... I noticed lint has changed
recently, so maybe it's a lint problem rather than an egcs problem...
dunno :) Don't really have time to look into it; I'm off to Thailand to
see Thai people, and maybe meteors :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++