Subject: toolchain stuff/mini-update
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/12/1998 16:48:37
Now that I'm finally out of bed and have real hack-time, I can attack some
egcs stuff this weekend.

I do plan on another import of the egcs 1.1 branch.

arm32 should be almost capable of compiling the whole tree (a porting
forward of Richard's softfloat.c fix will complete the task).

i386, I may be able to test the reported bug now that I have a workbench
DX2-66 to do stuff with.

m68k, I don't know.  Is there someone here with a decently fast m68k-line
machine running -current that can do tests?

sparc, the bug here is *really* weird.  I'm wondering if codegen isn't just
plain broken... or if our sparc/netbsd.h is missing something it should have
for gcc 2.8.  If anyone has a clue, I'd love to hear it.

mips, to Jonathan in particular:  Is there anything not yet committed?

I will also be working on finishing the mipse[bl] split which I left
half-done a while ago.