Subject: Re: FYI: egcs on mips stable...
To: None <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 11/11/1998 17:39:20
>Did anything ever become of this?  At the moment, the pmax kernel
>Makefile uses "-G 0".  Either that changes to "-G0" or something
>akin to Castor's suggestion needs to be implemented.

(personally, I set GP="-G0" on a mips, but older (or all standard?)
mips compilers reject that.  go figure.

My take is that the relevant config flag really _is_ target-CPU
dependent, so and the MI NetBSD file (netbsd.h) has no business
undefining and re-defining it, which is (iirc) what breaks the default
mips definition. Or we could add yet another macro which, if set, gets
included in netbsd.h's list of option letters that take arguments.