Subject: Re: egcs stability [was Re: EGCS on mips stable?]
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/27/1998 19:11:37
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

: >FYI, I built egcs on the sparc without -DHAIFA and the problems did not
: >go away. E.g. netstat -r still core dumps...
:
: What else did you try? On a mips, i've found that binaries linked via
: colllect2 coredump at startup, but if I link with the old GCC,
: netstat  -r works fine on a mips (w/ Castors patch and cc -G0) ...
: tho I guess you have a collect2 that works already.

collect2 doesn't do anything to the binaries; it's an interim stage that is
used to specially link C++ code compiled with certain -f options.  On files
that are not specially modified, it simply exec()s ld.