Subject: re: EGCS on mips stable?
To: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 10/26/1998 13:01:11
On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Castor Fu wrote:

: No -- optimization levels don't make a difference.  I get the same
: failure with -O0 and -O2.  I don't think it's the compiler which builds the
: compiler either.  I just rebuilt egcs-2.92.16 with gcc2.7.2.1, with a
: target of mips-dec-netbsd (the host is FreeBSD 2.2.x by the way. . . )
: and get the same error.  Furthermore when both host compiler and target
: compiler were egcs-1.02, everything was OK.
:
: My import of -current was done October 10, and the version_string
: says it's egcs-2.91.57 19980901.  I don't have CVS access so I can't
: tell if an import was done between Sept 29 (when yours was done), and mine,
: which is obviously one of the more important questions.

There was an import of egcs 1.1b on Sep 13, and an import of
post-1.1-branch on Oct 14.  No changes in between.  However, from 1.1b to
post-1.1-branch, there were no codegen fixes that touched mips.  So in
reality you have the latest 1.1-branch egcs for mips already.