Subject: FYI: progress with in-tree toolchain on mips
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/29/1998 11:36:35
Hi all,

I've just done "make build" on a pmax, using the in-tree binutils
2.8.1 "binutils" (ar, nm, etc), gas.new, and ld.new.  The resulting
libc and a small set of other binaries disasembles identincally to the
same source built with the toolchain included in NetBSD/pmax-1.3.2.
Many thanks to Todd Vierling for help and guidance in getting this
working.

I hope we can get a pmax snapshot built from Oct 3 source-snapshot
tarballs, but it might take a while to build.  That clears the decks
for work on moving to UVM, EGCS, etc. on mips ports.  (Unless it
interferes with the arc port!).

--Jonathan

[replies to port-mips or tech-toolchain as appropriate, please]