Subject: cross compiling and crunchide
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/12/1998 22:49:43
Two things about crunchide and cross compiling envionments:

1) we now use .lo for "local" objects, obj files to be run on the host,
not the target. Should we change the crunchide object names from .lo to
something else? .co maybe?

2) Does anyone have any ide on how to get crunchide to work in a
cross-compile environment? Is it becoming part of binutils (hope against
hope)? Can someone suggest a good hacking route?

My problem is that I'm trying to make boot floppies for my G3 powermac,
but only have an i386 and a mac68k. Worse comes worse, I will get the i386
to NFS export the build dir to the mac, and have it run the for-elf
crunchide (most of the problems I see are that crunchide is endian
unsavvy).

Take care,

Bill