Subject: Re: a.out DOES support `rpath'
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 09/12/1998 18:49:58
On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

: The cmd-line syntax?  I thought I had already?  There were a bunch of
: changes like that which I tried to get into 1.3.2 for pkg reasons.
: Last time I looked, I thought the link-time and run-time semantics for
: -R weren't quite the same as binutils' linktime vs. run (ld.so)-time
: distinctions, tho'.

It's a little different, but using rpath only at link-time does work for
ELF, as well.  However, in pkgsrc, libtool knows how to do the "most
functional" thing" automagically.

"Sorry for confusing you with Gordon for a moment."  Need food....  :>