Subject: Re: 25-Aug Toolchain Update
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/25/1998 20:06:57
On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 11:10:20AM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:

> - m68k: Partly working, reported by <veego@netbsd.org> and <is@netbsd.org>.
>   Has a bad codegen problem on libc's vfprintf.c which causes it to
>   break; I am putting together a testcase to demonstrate the problem easily
>   for Cygnus.

I'd call "failing to produce code that even attempts to be as effective as it
was in -1.0" at least a "why bother to upgrade at all", and "being too stupid
to compile a quad compare to zero that works" a "definitely broken".

I'd never even try to compile a kernel (or, actually, anything) with this
version. Ask me again for -1.2.

	-is