Subject: Re: EGCS 1.1 UPDATE rev. 6 / bad newlines on m(ac)68k
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/24/1998 09:57:47
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

: > Hm.  If there's a codegen bug on vfprintf.c, I'd be wary of any other
: > codegen bugs.  Was this bug present even with -O, or only with -O2+?
:
: Todd, the default optimize level in NetBSD is -O and not -O2 (we are talking
: at the moment about userland and not about kernel builds).
: So it was with -O.

I asked because there's a _very_ common tendency to customize the
optimization flags by m68k platform users.  Not implying anything about you,
but most PR's on the compiler by m68k users have seen such contortions as
"-O8 -m68040 -fomit-frame-pointer -freg-struct-return -funroll-loops
-fblahblahblah".  :)

Can you send me the output of `cc -S ...' with and without -O?