Subject: Re: EGCS 1.1 UPDATE rev. 6 / bad newlines on m(ac)68k
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/23/1998 18:02:06
On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

: > I chased this further down, and finally found that the first character output
: > by a %o directive is eaten somewhere.
: >
: > (gcc creates the \12 instead of \n in the assembler output, I guessed by
: > using \\%o to format, so I tried that directly).

Now, if it weren't for:

: Its worse: only the last character of an octal value is ever printed. if
: you specify a field width, it is padded with blanks.

you could just tack on a `0' before the %o.  Note that you /can/ pad it with
zeros by specifying the field width such as:  %04o (note the `0' at the
start of the field width).  You'd probably want a field width of 4 so that
255 = 0377 (leading 0 to mean octal).