Subject: Re: EGCS 1.1 UPDATE rev. 2
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/19/1998 12:48:52
On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

: Included below is a *HACK* that will make softfloat.c compile in the way
: we want it to.

Thanks; I'll look at it.

: The Norcroft compiler works by attaching the "attribute" to the function
: -- not to the structure -- but to implement this in gcc would need mid-end
: modifications to the compiler which I need to discuss first on the egcs
: lists.

I'd prefer this, truthfully.  It would be a useful addition to several
platforms.

: Note, the patch to softfloat.h is to show you what needs to be done.  It
: should really be dressed up in #ifdefs to check the compiler version is at
: least 2.8 (so that 2.7 won't emit warnings on the unrecognized attribute).

Actually, I have one better - we assert the presence of format(__kprintf__),
a native-gcc hack, by defining __KPRINTF_ATTRIBUTE__ in the cpp spec.
Something like that would be useful here.