Subject: Re: EGCS 1.1 UPDATE rev. 2
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/19/1998 11:52:58
On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

: This will work, but my experiments show that the code will be less
: efficient that the code generated by the old 2.7 compiler.  I'm currently
: working on a patch that would give us something like the Norcroft
: compiler's "return_in_regs" attribute, but it won't be in the official
: egcs 1.1 releases since these are now feature-frozen.

This is fine, though, for us - if you have the time to do it and have a
working fix, I can dump the diff right into the NetBSD tree so it will be
thereeven if egcs doesn't have it.

Thanks for your help, btw.  _I_ appreciate it personally.  :>