Subject: Re: EGCS 1.1 UPDATE rev. 2
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/18/1998 07:28:54
On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

: The -msoft-float default should now be fixed in the Cygnus egcs-1.1 branch.

It's not. I imported the supposedly fixed sources, and I've been boggling
over them; it "looks" fixed but it's still physically functioning with
-mhard-float as default.

: Which incorrectly calculates the address of foo.  I've established that
: the code generated by the compiler for the above is semantically the same
: as that generated by the old compiler, but I haven't got further than that
: yet.

Hm.  I'll look into it.  Of course, gcc doesn't "really" support PIC on
ARM; we've just commented out the "PIC code not supported; ignored" warning.