Subject: Re: egcs
To: None <tech-toolchain@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/05/1998 14:38:05
Some time ago, there were instructions on how to move from a gcc
environment to egcs.  I remember following those instructions to the
letter, on my Mac68k system, and it worked just great!

Unfortunately, I no longer have the instructions and would like to move
my i38 system to egcs, too.  Can someone report the procedure?  Thanks!

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Randy Devol writes:
> > Why use egcs instead of the gnu compiler proper?  Is there stuff in egcs
> > important to powerpc cross development that is not in gcc?  (I.e. bug fixes.)
>
> Yes. egcs is far better maintained than GCC. we will be adopting egcs
> soon so that we can have a single toolchain across all our ports.
>
> Perry

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |