Subject: Re: binutils with multiple targets
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 08/04/1998 14:08:03
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> : I had a working m68k-netbsd system, and went and made a powerpc-netbsd
> : tool chain. This chain installed shared libraries in /usr/local/lib. These
> : libraries don't have specific powerpc names, and so I'm wondering if I've
> : screwed up my m68k environment.
>
> Probably not, because the NetBSD a.out toolchain does not have
> /usr/local/lib in the path by default.

Whoops! I edited too much from the message! I am using an i386 box, and
have (had) a working m68k-netbsd cross-compiling system. I forget if it's
binutils-2.8 or 2.9...

> However, it's a good idea not to have foreign libraries in /usr/local/lib.
> Normally, cross libraries should (in the case of a GNU toolchain) go in
> /usr/local/<archname>-<os>/lib.

I agree! That's kinda what I want, but not what I got. How can I make
binutils-2.9.1 stuff its libs in /usr/local/powerpc-netbsd/lib?

Thanks!

Bill