Subject: Re: MACHINE_ARCH on mips
To: <>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/25/1998 13:28:36
On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:

: OK... Either everyone went on vacation, or the only _dissenter_ that I can
: see to my proposal to modify the valuse of "mips" for LE and BE machines
: that I see thinks the problem has been `solved' and I went away.

Here's the more formalized proposal, suggested one of several ways:

- Change the big-endian MIPS (the newcomer) to "mipseb".  Leave "mips" as-is
  on the existing platforms which have had a 1.3.x release (newsmips has not
  had a public release yet).

- Change both platforms to "mipsel" and "mipseb".  Less desirable because of
  the existing "mips" releases.