Subject: cross-compiler
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/21/1998 14:49:14
I had a nice, working i386->m68k cross compilation environment set up. I
was using binutils 2.8.1 & the gcc 2.7.2.2 w/ patches from ftp.netbsd.org
a while ago.

I just rebuilt them recently, as part of a test of instructions on how to
set up a cross-compiling environment.

Well, I broke something. Kernels I compile don't seem to work.

I fear it's something in the compiler (though I should check - I jsut
SUP'd new sources too :-(  ).

Does someone know of a way to test the compiler?

I'm tempted to get a newer binutils and gcc. But I _thought_ I
reconfigured this one just as it was before, and so I don't understand why
it doesn't work as well as the older one did.

Also, the cross-gcc seems to look for programs in
/usr/local/m68k-netbsd/bin, and uses the normal names. Is there an easy
way to tell it to just use m68k-netbsd-name instead?

Thanks!

Bill