Subject: ecgs 1.1 import soonish
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 07/21/1998 11:51:35
The egcs software repository has been branched for the egcs 1.1.x releases,
and is now in testing on many platforms (locally, I'm testing sparc, arm32,
and shortly, alpha).

Sometime in the next couple weeks I will likely be importing egcs 1.1 into
the src/gnu/dist/gcc directory over the span of a weekend.  When that
happens, there will be a warning about not building the egcs tree at least
two days prior because the merging will be going on.

This release of egcs should fix some major problems on m68k, i386, alpha,
among others, and includes lots of Fortran and C++ fixes.  It is a candidate
for the "new default compiler" of the aforementioned platforms.

Stay tuned to this channel for updates.