Subject: Re: crunchgen?
To: None <mrg@eterna.com.au, tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/02/1998 17:16:37
Crunchgen definitely needs some work...and I bet you are just the one
to do it!

One thing crunchgen does is create a Makefile dynamically that .includes
the target program's Makefile in order to get a list of the program objs.
It does not seem to chdir() to the target directory prior to executing
this Makefile and that is the source of a series of ugly hacks in
src/distrib that compensate for this bug.

I think you should probably fix _this_ bug first, then see if yours is still
there.  If it is, you might make the generated Makefile a little more
elaborate...have it echo back the working directory first, or something.

See: fillin_program_objs()