Subject: mkdep failures in bfd?
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.net>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 05/25/1998 13:44:58
I get a failure when doing a mkdep on the bfd library with
netbsd-current.  This might be a failure of my cross-compilation
environment.

In any event, the error I get is that elf32-target.h cannot be found.

With the following patch, the elfXX-target.h header files get built
for the depend case and also cleaned up by the clean targets:

	RCS file: /g0/cvsroot/nb/usr/src/gnu/lib/bfd/Makefile,v
	retrieving revision 1.1.1.2
	retrieving revision 1.2
	diff -r1.1.1.2 -r1.2
	53a54,55
	> # Icky generated header files...
	> DPSRCS+= elf32-target.h elf64-target.h
	89,90d90
	< # Icky generated header files...
	< CLEANFILES+= elf32-target.h elf64-target.h

P.S.  Are there any plans for standard definitions to build NetBSD in a
cross environemnt?  There are several programs like 'gcc' and 'sh'
where one needs to compile programs for the host environment.  In
my build tree, I've defined a variable 'HHCC' for "Host to Host C Compiler"
which I use.  I'd be happy to share the changes.