Subject: Re: egcs 1.0.2 and netbsd.
To: Alan Barrett <apb@iafrica.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 03/25/1998 01:47:52
Alan Barrett writes:

>I think that the Right Thing would be to add a -ffreestanding flag to
>gcc/egcs, and have that flag turn off the type checking on main().  When
>the -ffreestanding option is not used, main() should be typechecked.

Perrfect solution for building kernels and standalone code.
So sensible that maybe the egcs team wont buy it back ;)

And a big sincere thank-you to mrg for not forgetting ELF!
if theres any advice I can help out with ELF on pmaxes, let me know.
I cant switch compilers myself right now, though-- too much other
stuff going on.