Subject: Re: What to do about gdb mmalloc (two Ms)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 01/21/1998 14:11:38
>I think supporting GNU-style builds is important, for setting up
>cross-compilers.

Me too.  I'd even like to see the `native' NetBSD compiler do a better
job of supporting cross-compilers from one NetBSD arch to another: put
the backend passes in /usr/libexec/gcc/$vers/$arch, put  the
backend placebo library for missing functions there (rather than
integrated into libkern, libc, etc).

That should also make supporting different compiler versions (egcs vs
gcc) easier, too.

I'm mentioning this again only because an upgrade from gcc 2.7.2.2
plus patches seeems imminent, and that's probably a good time to take
it on.