Subject: Re: binutils
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/29/1997 10:40:06
On Mon, 29 Dec 1997, Krister Walfridsson wrote:

> Our version of gas is too ancient for egcs, so I wonder if there
> are any plans to get the latest GNU binutils to run on NetBSD?
>
> I'm willing to spend some time on such a project (both ld and gas),
> so I'd like to know if someone already has begun that work, and what
> are left to be done.

I've heard mention that someone was planning on working on it after the
1.3 release (I'll let him speak for himself :-). But if you really want to
do it, I doubt anyone'll stop you.

I know I personally would LOVE to see it happen.

Basically you need to teach binutils how to deal with NetBSD a.out shared
libraries.

Take care,

Bill