Subject: Re: HOST_PROG ?
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/14/1997 12:32:08
On Sat, 13 Dec 1997 15:23:24 -0800 (PST)
 Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu> wrote:

 > I'm trying to set things up to cross-compile the whole NetBSD source tree.
 > I have the tools working, but now I'm running into problems with the code.
 >
 > The main one right now is that the tn3270 code seems to want to run a lot
 > of tools on the compiling computer. But it wants to use the standard CC,
 > which is the cross cc. Bad things happen. :-(
 >
 > So for now, I'm going to hack up the Makefiles (my local ones :-) to use
 > HOST_CC & friends. But would it make sense to add a HOST_PROG and HOST_SRC
 > targets to bsd.prog.mk? I think doing such a thing successfuly is a bit
 > beyond me at the moment. ;-( Though it seems a cleaner solution.

I thought about doing something like athat at one point.  The real problem
is that you need different .c.o rules, etc.  So, the existing bsd.*.mk
file structure won't do HOST_PROG properly.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935