Subject: How to X-Compile
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/07/1997 14:12:21
I'm setting up an i386 box, and want to use it to compile stuff for my Mac
IIsi. I've gotten patches (I think from Scott E.) to get binutils (2.7 I
think) to behave, and I've built kernels before.

Now I'm starting again on a machine w/ more disk, and want to build the
world. I'm wanting suggestions on how to set stuff up and to invoke make
to build everything right.

Things like: stick the xcompilers here.. set these make variables.. etc.
I realize these things can be personal taste, but I'd like an example just
to start. Pointers to a web site'd be cool, too.

Thanks!

Bill