Subject: Re: hyperthreading on 2.0; no way to get it to work with my hardware.
To: None <tech-smp@NetBSD.org>
From: okay_awright <okayawright@gmail.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 12/30/2004 19:27:12
thanks for your quick answer,

regarding this motherboard it is explictly advertised in the asus doc
that hyper threading is enabled by default and that there is no options
available to tweak it.
Furthermore quoting their FAQ:
*    Q - How to disable HyperThreading on P4V800-X or P4V8X-X?
*    A - We cannot disable HyperThreading on P4V800-X/P4V8X-X due to
hardware limitation.

I've already flashed this card with the latest bios revision (about a
month old) and it seems that it only brings support for new processors
(read in their changelog: no bug fix, no enhanced feature since a very
long time).

thanks again, it now really seems that i will not get hyper threading
soon...

--=20
best regards,
sinc=E8rement,