Subject: Fwd: Re: isp driver issues in SMP on NetBSD (fwd)
To: Thomas T. Thai <tom@minnesota.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob44@yahoo.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 11/15/2004 10:24:17
I believe that we can drop tech-smp from this list- I don't believe
that this is an SMP issue. The change I suggested just ducks around
what is apparently some issue with config_interrupts not working
correctly for some configurations- the config_interrupts hook turned on
using interrupts for the rest of  mailbox (housekeeping type) commands-
like fibre channel SAN evaluation. Apparently the interrupts weren't
actually getting through after the config_interrupts hook was executed.

The easiest solution is to live with polling for these types of
commands. FreeBSD also broke things by insisting on an architecture
from the new GEOM code that wouldn't allow a driver to sleep, tra la.

The other issue here- a 'phantom' isp, sounds more like some kind of
wierd configuration issue just with your box. If you want to just run,
compile in the option that turns of 12160 support.