Subject: Re: isp driver issues in SMP on NetBSD
To: Matthew Jacob <mj@feral.com>
From: Thomas T. Thai <tom@minnesota.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 11/15/2004 12:09:59
Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I missed a lot of details (as I really don't pay much attention to the
> *BSDs these days), but is this 'extra' isp the Ultra3 part? If so,
> it's probably not really a 12160 but part of some RAID unit- not
> really a true 12160 part (there are checks in OpenBSD and FreeBSD to
> catch just this occurrence- can't remember if this is also true for
> NetBSD)

Yes it's the Ultra3 part. Originally there were only two phamtom isp
devices (Chan A and B) isp1 and isp2.  Now there is a 3rd one, isp3.
isp0 being the real fibre card.

isp0 at pci1 dev 9 function 0: QLogic FC-AL HBA
isp0: interrupting at ioapic1 pin 7 (irq 10)

isp1 at pci2 dev 1 function 0: QLogic Dual Channel Ultra-3 Wide SCSI HBA
isp1: interrupting at ioapic1 pin 5 (irq 5)

I only have a built-in raid:

ahc2 at pci0 dev 5 function 1: Adaptec aic7899 Ultra160 SCSI adapter
ahc2: interrupting at ioapic1 pin 2 (irq 10)

and the QLA-2200F. There is no other Qlogic Ultra-3 Wide.

The original problem of getting the RAID array detected by the isp
device is resolve per your suggestion. However, I'm not sure if that may
have caused other issues to crop up.

Regards,
Thomas