Subject: Re: Frozen Processes on PowerEdge 8450
To: Thomas T. Thai <tom@minnesota.com>
From: Simas Mockevicius <symka@netbsd.vejas.lt>
List: tech-smp
Date: 03/22/2004 22:21:45
--oyUTqETQ0mS9luUI

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 02:14:05PM -0600, Thomas T. Thai wrote:
> kernel compiling process was frozen too. Ctrl-z did allow me to suspend=
=20
> it and get the shell prompt back. However, Ctrl-c didn't do anything. If=
=20
> I start any processes at the shell prompt, like ps or such, it'll freeze.
Hi, Thomas,

I have Asus 1600 1U server with 2x2.8Ghz Xeons 2GB of RAM,
when there was HTT enabled in BIOS my box also
frozes, (the sources -current 2004-01-04),
when I have HTT disabled it is runing from that night without
any problems.
Server frozes on commands top and ps (with HTT), without HTT runs=20
very well.

--=20
Sincerely,
Simas Mockevicius