Subject: Re: Dell PowerEdge 8450
To: David Burren <david@burren.cx>
From: Mark Simmons <mds@gbnet.net>
List: tech-smp
Date: 03/01/2004 13:20:27
Well, reading the paper on the new FreeBSD 5.0 ULE (sp?) scheduler, it seems as
though they're treating HT CPUs as a form of NUMA for CPU affinity purposes.

Whether that has any measurable benefit, or causes measurable problems, I don't
know.

The paper was presented at BSDCon '03 iirc, you can find it at Usenix.org.