Subject: Re: SMP & native threads...
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: tech-smp
Date: 06/13/2003 23:15:32
"Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@crufty.net> writes:

> If we had processor affinity - as someone just asked about, it would
> be a simple addition to set said affinity when initializing the
> threads - says he who has not looked at any of the code in question
> ;-)

I suggested this to Nathan a while back, but, unfortunately, he told
me it would be difficult to implement.  Guess we'll just have to wait
for a proper fix.  Now, unless I completely misunderstand Jason, I get
the feeling that he'd like other kernel hackers to study the SA code?

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901