Subject: Re: Odd lockups on Tiger MP/durons
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: mackstann <mack@incise.org>
List: tech-smp
Date: 03/13/2003 15:29:50
On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:40:49PM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> It's more likely a problem related to threading and MP; there are
> some known issues there, which Nathan Williams hopes to fix soon.

I did see the posts about threading causing problems, but I was unsure
whether that would be part of the mozilla problem.  The fact that
installing a precompiled package fixed it perplexed me a bit more..

> I expect this to be fixed within a few weeks, so I guess patience
> will pay off..

Good to hear. :)  I was kinda disappointed at the thought that I might
have to use something other than netbsd on this machine, but it seems
things are being handled.

Thanks for your help.

--
transmission complete | mackatincise.org | fortune@15:00 CST:
Life is like an onion: you peel off layer after layer, then you find