Subject: Re: SMP doesn?t work the way i want.
To: None <martin@duskware.de>
From: Patrik Hansson <padde@beta.telenordia.se>
List: tech-smp
Date: 02/07/2003 17:01:18
Den 7 Feb 2003 skrev Martin Husemann:

> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:53:50AM +0100, Patrik Hansson wrote:
>=20
> > Yes he is. Here is some information from his system:
>=20
> Heh, funny. On a 80 char wide terminal it does not show enough details ;-=
)
>=20
> So you realy should see at least a "cpu* timer" and "cpu* TLB shootdown I=
PI"
> for each active CPU on a SMP machine.
>=20
> If you don't, something is wrong. Please provide dmesg from a MPVERBOSE
> kernel. And maybe move this to port-i386, since this is clearly arch depe=
ndend.
>=20
> Martin

Ok, didn=B4t quite understand what you ment with the 80..wide thing. But an=
yhow...the dmesg I provided in my first mail was made from a kernel compile=
d with GENERIC.MPDEBUG that has MPDEBUG, MPVERBOSE and DEBUG turned on.

One other thing. Somebody wrote that i might not have the newest systat and=
 vmstat. I have updated my system to -current (I hope) so that shouldent be=
 the problem, but how do i check the version of systat and vmstat ? read th=
e manpage but can=B4t find a switch to display it.