Subject: RE: NetBSD 1.6 & i386 SMP, ACPI, mly
To: , , <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Conrad T. Pino <Conrad@Pino.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 01/16/2003 20:17:16
Hi Thor,

[snip]

> I don't think I'd try to use _either_ NetBSD *or* Solaris/x86 as a platform
> for running the Linux Oracle 8i server code.  Heck, it doesn't even work
> well if your flavor of Linux varies too much from what they developed/tested
> it with.  :-(

I'm running Oracle 8i Solaris Intel binaries on Solaris 8 Intel 4/01 release
plus recommended patches.  I'm looking at NetBSD because Sun modified their
free binary license to lower the maximum CPU count from 8 to 1.  Linux will do
since Oracle releases binary for Linux but Linux is not my first choice.

> I think Christos has some experience trying to run the Linux
> Oracle under our emulation; I've carboned him.

Thank you.

> Thor

Conrad