Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 & i386 SMP, ACPI, mly
To: None <conrad@pino.com, port-i386@netbsd.org, tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 01/16/2003 21:05:53
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 05:57:42PM -0800, Conrad T. Pino wrote:

> Single data points like yours are probably useful to established community
> members but leave newbies like myself wondering how to use the data point.
> This is why Brett's comment resonated with me.  I want a STABLE platform to
> run Oracle 8i Linux edition and Tomcat 4 and I don't have the experience
> with NetBSD to make that judgment on my own.

I don't think I'd try to use _either_ NetBSD *or* Solaris/x86 as a platform
for running the Linux Oracle 8i server code.  Heck, it doesn't even work
well if your flavor of Linux varies too much from what they developed/tested
it with.  :-(

I think Christos has some experience trying to run the Linux Oracle under
our emulation; I've carboned him.

Thor