Subject: Re: MSI 6501 Dual AMD Athlon MP & 1.6 i386 MP kernel
To: None <tech-smp@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: tech-smp
Date: 09/18/2002 00:26:56
On 13 Sep 2002 04:46:05 GMT, MLH wrote:
> On 10 Sep 2002 16:52:33 GMT, MLH wrote:
>>>
>>> It's actually the first time I've heard about such an XF86 problem
>>> with the MP code. I'm running the MP code myself on my desktop
>>> system (a dual Athlon, Tyan board), and am not seeing X problems.

New status:

1) On one of the boxes, if X is running, the box will lock up
sometime each night, whether an X session is running or xdm is
waiting for a login.

2) running cpuburn (burnK7), cpu1 will lock up every time. Sometimes
it takes 2 minutes and sometimes it takes 20.  I'm running a single
processor kernel right now to see if I can get cpu0 to lock up. I
assume that cpu0 is used by the SP kernel - the lm sensor indicates
that it is the same one.

Possibly I have two different problems with similar results?

1) some kind of interrupt problem with X
vga1 at pci1 dev 5 function 0: ATI Technologies Rage Fury MAXX AGP 4x
(TMDS) (rev. 0x00)

2) temperature problem with cpu1

The AMD rep is supposed to drop by soon to discuss these problems
and it would be nice to have some more ideas on what is causing
these failures and maybe how to try to identify them.

Suggestions?

Thanks