Subject: re: Multi-processor SS20 question
To: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-smp
Date: 09/01/2002 15:05:59

   Didn't we have this discussion a month or so ago?

yup.

   As I recall, the conclusion was that you can put all sorts of bizarre
   combinations of processors in the SS20 (I had one that ran Solaris in
   production for a couple of years with a dual 100 Ross & an SM71).  However,
   if you have a problem, don't ask for help.  It's a completely unsupported
   config, with far too many strange possibilities to debug.

   A google search should turn up the thread.

in the new ultrasparcIII machines, it has become a supported
configuration i understand...

.mrg.