Subject: Re: which CVS TAGS..
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-smp
Date: 06/01/2002 17:01:31
On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:05:22PM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:

> Then you want to make a copy of the sys/arch/i386 tree from the current
> branch somewhere "safe".  You will be flipping back and forth, and
> will want to be cvs updating both at the same time from the respective
> branches/HEAD).
>
> In the version of the arch/i386 that will be the MP tree, you want to:
>
>  cvs update -r sommerfeld_i386mp_1 -dP .
>
> Put this in place as /sys/arch/i386, modify your SP kernel config
> to include the differences between the mainline GENERIC and branch
> GENERIC configs, and build yourself an SMP kernel. Boot it.

BTW, note that I didn't try it but I think you should be able to start from
the 1.6 branch:
cd src/sys
cvs update -r netbsd-1-6 -dPA
cd arch/i386
cvs update -r sommerfeld_i386mp_1 -dPA .

By using the 1.6 branch instead of plain current you may avoid some of the
usual problems of current (especially, you'll have a stable userland)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>