Subject: Poor timekeeping on x86 smp branch?
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 04/23/2002 13:03:35
Folks:
	I was playing with NTP on my sgimips box last night and noticed
	that my x86 (running a 1.5ZA kernel from the last time the x86
	SMP branch caught up to -current) was keeping remarkably poor
	time; in fact, NTP made the clock so bad that this morning the
	clock, which normally tracks time fairly reliably, was 45 minutes
	off (after ~ 9 hours or so).

	I figured I'd send a heads-up if this wasn't a known problem; in
	case it *isn't* I can do some poking around, but unfortunately
	have too many other things on my plate to do any thorough digging.

	(If a PR is warranted against things on a branch, I'll do so as
	 well).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill