Subject: fsck strangeness
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 11/18/2001 17:25:17
Hi,

With i386 SMP NetBSD kernel, fsck stoped working correctly.
The boot time message shows following messages.  I attached
a part of the message.  The problem of this message is that
it shows /dev/rwd0e strange order and wrong.  The wd0e
partition was clean, but fsck said not clean.  It should
appear between wd0a and wd0f lines, but appeared after DHCP
configuration.

I did fsck by hand after this boot, but fsck said it's clean.
I rebooted machine, this time the order of messages are
still strange, but there was no wrong information.

swapctl: adding /dev/wd0b as swap device at priority 0
Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks.
/dev/rwd0a: file system is clean; not checking
/dev/rwd0f: file system is clean; not checking
Setting tty flags.
Starting dhclient.
Internet Software Consortium DHCP Client V3.0rc10
Copyright 1995-2001 Internet Software Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP

Listening on BPF/ex0/00:10:4b:24:4a:b4
Sending on   BPF/ex0/00:10:4b:24:4a:b4
Sending on   Socket/fallback
DHCPREQUEST on ex0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPACK from 24.249.33.181
New Host Name: c688036-a
New Network Number: /24.17.3.128
vewd Broadcast Addreess: 24.17.3.255
 bound to 24.17./3.181 -- renewalw in 220125 secondds.
0e: file system not clean (fs_clean=1); please fsck(8)   <<<< strange wd0e mes.
Building databases...

Regards,
-- Kazushi